About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Kendo is soothing

After not practising for a week, since the Lepsig championship, Friday's training was.. well.. "soothing" if I may. The reason for not being able to practise was the conference held at the Max-Planck Insitute, which kept me busy for the whole week.

We did almost entirely jigeiko, not sure why Stephan said so this time. My way of fighting has changed since the Leipzig matches. I don't just strike, but react to the situation more. In other words, I'm starting to do kendo than gymasitics

At the end we at a shiai-geiko, in which I fought with Stephan. Wow! Even though I lost 1-0 I enjoyed the fight. I almost got he on the Men, but my Zanshin was horrible. I ran into him, and he pushed me so that my balance was lost, which means no Zanshin. This was also a problem while fighting with the big guy from Czech in Leipzig (see the previous post).

I felt the gap between my level and the older kenshis' is closing very fast. Those who turn up only once a week or every two weeks are no threats to me anymore. Well, it sounds a bit arrogant but I just mean that at least we can fight on the same level.

No comments: