About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Leipzig Championship

Came back at nearly 1am this morning from Leipzig with the bunch of Dresden Kenshi. I was very pleased about my performance in the championship, my first one. I got through to the quater-final in the junior division, meaning non-dojo-leaders, beaten by Georg a young talented kenshi from Dresden as well. Which I wasn't too disappointed, since in normal practises with him, he was obviously better. Moreover, he went on to become the 1st place in that division.

I won 4 matches in total. Three in the single, and one in the group division, in which I was the taisho of the team. The 1st match was easy, which lasted under 1 min. I won 2-0 with a Men- and
a Kote-strike.



In the 2nd match, I was up against a Czech kenshi who is much bigger and taller than I am. Running into him felt like running into a tree trunk. But I managed to strike Men, so the match ended with 1-0. It's funny to note that he makes the sound: "so, so..so so so.." all throughout the match which I thought was funny. I almost wanted to laugh, but resisted of course. I think it's pretty useless doing that, if not damaging, because it gives away your attacking rythm or tempo. I gave an impressive-looking Do-strike towards the end, but I was out plus my shinai landed more on the front than on the side.



My third oppenent had approximately the same physical size like mine, and similar agility. The biggest error he makes is to bring his shinai too far back, which was too slow. I striked Men, and the match ended 1-0.



I lost in the quater-final to Georg with 2-0. Both times were Men-strikes in the

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/missouri/Springfield/Pizza%20Hut/65807/

Find your best pizza.