About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bagai photo! Everyone trying to look his/her best.
From left: Stephan, me, Jan, and Wibke.



Here are some photos from the BBQ with kendo people on Monday, May Day.

Training from yesterday didn't yeild much I think. Here are some reflections:
  • The Kote strike should be more of a continous forward action, instead of a downward one.
  • I still haven't considered Jigeiko as a routine practise. Partly was due to that fact that I try to hide too much, so my postures were mostly incorrect when I striked. I should just apply directly what I learned in Uchikomi-geiko.
  • My blocking is not so effective. My opponent could still hit my Men even though I though I was defending it.
On the bright side:
  • I'm more aggressive. My Zanshin is better, i.e. I'm more ready to attack again after the previous one.

No comments: