About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Coughing

Was in fact ill today, and thought about not going to the training. But in the end the stronger part of my mind won, and so I did. I told myself that if I believed that I wasn't ill, then I would feel stronger. Sometimes it is the case. At least this time was. We trained in the first half Kata - the first and second forms -- and the second half some strikes and then Jikeiko. It wasn't hard at all because the main trainer wasn't there, who went to the German Champianship with the strongest kenshis. So there're only four people today with Bogu and three without.

Because the Jikeiko was short, so I only picked out one thing to improve:
  • Kote-stike should take smaller step forward.

No comments: