About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sashi-men 刺し面

The benefit of knowing Chinese is that I can read about 70-80 % Japanese text. Sashi-men, 刺し面 in Japanese, is what we normally refer to as the "small men cut". In Japanese Kanji, the first character "刺" means to fence. The phase, therefore, literally translates to "fencing the head". We can understand from it that, the motion should resemble fencing as opposed to swinging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think again...you're wrong

Anonymous said...

What the previous commenter said is kind of strange. Could someone explain?
Message to moderator - I'm not spamming, or promoting anything, I'm just testing the features of this forum.
How do I make my blog appear in search engines? I had it for a year, and no one comes to visit.
This page rocks, keep up the good work.

Nothing is 100% certain, bug free or IBM compatible.