About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Neck pull

Today I twisted my neck during the training, and now I could hardly move it. The same injury occurred before, last year, in exactly the same way. My head tilted backwards too much when I launched the men-strikes, plus I didn't do enough warm-ups (I was late). It'll definitely take 3-4 days to recover. Hopefully not longer.

Good news is that my trip to Tokyo at the end of October has been set. Which means I will have to finish my thesis at the end of September (!). I have to work towards it!

3 comments:

Vivian Yung said...

Please take care Ivan. Put a heat pack on if you like. It makes your neck feel much better.

Great news about your Tokyo trip. Will you bring your bogu with you?

Unknown said...

Thanks for your advice vivian. It seems that I have the mild version of the "whiplash" injury, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiplash_%28medicine%29). Just my speculation as the symptom and the way I got injured fit almost exactly. But I am getting better. It'll be fine in a few days.

For the Tokyo trip, I won't bring my bogu. Even better, I'll buy my own set! I'm going to lodge in Ozawa sensei's Kobukan for 3 weeks and play kendo about 5 days a week (more if I like). Can't wait!

Vivian Yung said...

Woohoo!!! I envy your Japan kendo trip. That is wonderful.