About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Beginner again

Many people warmly congratulated me at the dojo yesterday for the win. It's a very nice little acheivement, afterall I have spent much time and effort, not just training but also thinking about kendo. (well, if you're reading this then you'd know it already.) At least it tells me that I'm going in the right direction. My training attitude however remained unchanged. Still thinking all the time, "Why didn't it work?", and, "How do I make it work?"

As for the training yesterday, there were too many beginners without bogu and the pace of the training was a bit too slow. But it's not too bad an idea to let the body slowly coming back to normal after the battle of Leipzig. My body felt rather heavy.

Some notes:
  • men-suriage-men: still didn't work.
  • kote-men: don't forget to keep the distance correct even when trying to go as fast as I can.

Stephan:
  • kote even though one can strike from afar, still one has to make contact with the kensen so that his knows what the opponent thinks.

2 comments:

Vivian Yung said...

Congratulations Ivan! I am so glad to hear your success in the championships and see the photo of you holding the trophy high up. You worked hard towards this consistently. Well done!

Unknown said...

Hey Vivian, thanks for the congrats and the continuous supports you give me! I wish you good luck with the national championship!