About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Monday, December 18, 2006

stomp and turn

I found that to execute debana-kote cleanly and accurately, one has to take only one small step forwards because the opponent usually runs in and the distance is shortened. After the cut is executed, use the right foot as a pivot and turn.

Today Tino let the session. It was a good training despite we started too lated again. Lots of kihon, and then men-kaeshi-do, kote-nuki-men and men-debana-kote. At the end we had about 30mins for jigeiko, which allowed us to practice with 4 people. At the ippon-shobu I won against all of them, two by debana-kote and two by men.

No comments: