Some notes from the jigeiko:
- A few nice kote "pop's".
- Sanbon Shobu: 1-2 Lost to Stephan. Got a kote. He got two men's. Becareful of the distance!
- Make better use of hiki-waza (and more often), i.e. the right moment and the right distance. If a men-uchi doesn't work, then can follow it by a hiki-waza from tsubazeriai.
- Posture after debana-kote need to remain well.
- Harai needs to be sharp. and start the motion not too early. Ideally just after propelling with the left leg. (need to experiment)
- Advice from Stephan: when applying seme, keep the centre and make contact with the opponent's shinai.
Yasuko and Kuroda-san (see Prague seminar) both have written me very nice emails. I'm glad to have kept the friendships!