After the suburi, we practise doh. My left forearm was still hurting at this time, and I really did feel the pain.
One noteable thing from the kihon-geiko was that we practised Tsuki, the first time since I wore the bogu. We practised first from distance Chikma, then from Issoku-itto-no-maai. At Chikma I hit on target if done slowly, but missed completely at issoku.
A few notes from the Jigeiko:
- Tried seme with more waza (techniques): harai, feinting, kaeshi.
- Landed a doh on Lillie, when she raised her shinai to block.
- Landed a couple of popping kote on Misha, by feinting men first. I repeated doing this technique until he realised that it wasn't a good idea, so he stopped raising his arms like that. I already anticipated this change, so I immediately went for his men after feinting and seeing that his posture was broken. But unfortunately I missed the target. Need to improve on accuracy.
- I also noticed that when feinting, it's the best the keep the kensen within the body of the opponent, so that it wouldn't take long to strike on target.
- Hiki-men improved slightly.