About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Posture first

Today had a very nice training. Which was maybe also to do with having been quite productive at work. However, I was late for the session because I mixed up the training venue. By the time I arrived at the correct one I had missed out the war-up.

We did 3 x kirikaeshi, seme-men, seme-kote, kote-men, hiki-men/do/kote, oji-waza against men and against kote, and finally jigeiko.

To be improved:
  • My reaction to kote strike is quite slow, which I have to watch out for.
  • Hiki-do too high.
  • Zanshin. I got hit a lot as soon as turning around.
Improved:
  • Posture.
  • Seme and footwork.

No comments: