About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Birthday

My birthday was yesterday. Worked a lot over the last weekend, so I had no time to organise any birthday celebrations. Besides, kendo is more exciting to me especially it would be my second time wearing bogu. My heel hurt a bit from last Friday's training, and doing fumigumi hurt like a bitch. As a result my strikes were slow.

Some things I learned during gikeiko:
  • hit as soon as there is an opening. eg. the opponent's shinai tipping sideways.
  • zanshin! especially when turning around.
  • small strikes shouldn't pull the shinai too backwards.

No comments: