About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Be more explosive

Today at the mawari-keiko session, Ho sensei asked me to stand in the motodachi position for the first time. After a few fights, Ho sensei came to tell me that I should try to use more waza and execute every technique thoroughly and correctly, even fighting with junior players.

When fighting with Yi-Chen (5th Dan), I had a big problem being able to hit him, which had happened also with some other people before. When he steped in to chikma (close distance), he turned his shinai pointing to his right, in sort of a half-blocking position. I knew I could not reach his men because he can block and even do a kaeshi-do. Kote was also protected because of the angle of his shinai. The only target opened was do, which was hard to hit also because the distance was very close. But I did get his do once.

On the good side, I started to analyze more and more the opponent's movements, and try to develop a strategy against them.

I need to make my attacks more explosive.

11 comments:

Lyoshi said...

OOOouuuu! It's not real!! It's you!!!
Hello!

Unknown said...

Ha ha Привет!
You are back in st petersburg? I bet it must be cold!
Did you like Taiwan?

Lyoshi said...

Yes, we a in hometown. In our city it is damp and -11c.
Taiwan it a paradise compared to the Russia. And coaching here very bored as compared with Taiwan. But one can correct errors.

Sorry my english. You have facebook?

http://kokurenbo.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-post.html
http://kokurenbo.blogspot.com/2011/01/unforgettable-journey.html

Lyoshi said...

Most fanny I long ago look your blog, but recognise you only now.

Unknown said...

nice pictures alexey! I hope too see you again soon!!

Lyoshi said...

Me too)

Unknown said...

Hi there! :-)

I'm training in the same dojo in Saint-Petrsburg, Russia with the two guys that visited Taiwan this winter (including Lyoshi, who also left his comments here). My name is also Alexey (For real, and yes, it gives us some trouble in comunication), Alexey Kapustin. :-)

I want to ask your permission for republishing your posts from here translated to russian on our club's website or blog, as it might be very helpful for the kendo practitioners in our country.

Unknown said...

Hi Alex K!
It was good to have you in our dojo too. Feel free to translate the articles here into russian as long as the readers know where its from. I hope we can practise together again soon!

Unknown said...

There is some misunderstanding here: I'm not the second Alexey, i'm the third one, and I haven't visited your dojo yet; I just wish to do it next year :-)))

Still, thank you for the permission :-)

PS: I hope we can practise together for the first time soon :-)))

Unknown said...

Haha I see! See you then!

Anonymous said...

Consider busіness taking out а small gaіn over the pгior demand has donе for Ѕolano County drοpped
to 9.

my ρage; marketing agency