Ich wuensch Ihnen ein guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!
It's the last day of year 2009 - a time to look back on the year and set goals for the next.
Until this December, I had just done 4 years of kendo, and a 2nd Dan holder. What new skills have I obtained in the past year? Let's see:
- My hip can now follow up when I strike and during zanshin, which means that my legs are used to the movement, and are perhaps stronger!
- Opportunity for oji-waza seems clearer to me than before.
- Suriage-wazas are better.
- Stronger cuts using the left wrist.
- Improve on oji-waza.
- Better performance in competitions. To achieve that I cannot be relaxed during jigeikos. I need to look for every opportunity to strike, and use the wazas.