About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Competition ahead

In every training I've been to since coming back to Taiwan, the senpais have helped me a lot to correct some of my bad habits. Apart from extending my arms farther, relaxing my right arm more, and yesterday Chang senpai pointed out my upper body leaned a little backwards when striking, while I should keep it up-straight. On the good side, my hip is coming forward, on the downside, the range of my reach is shortened.

This Sunday I will take the new High Speed Railway to Kaohsiung City and participate in the Asian City Cup. This is an invitational competition with teams from Taiwan, Japan, Korea and other nearby cities. So, many strong players will take part. There will be about 10 guys from my dojo going. I will try my best!

3 comments:

Adam aus Katsubo said...

Hallo Ivan!
Ich bin Adam aus Tschechien(katsubo Kenrikai Dojo Prag, Tomas Berger ist mein sempei:))- auf der Saionaraparty in Hradec Kralove vor einem Jahr haben wir Snooker gespielt:)- und bin gerade bei meinem Bruder in Taipei. Ich wurde gerne hier in Taipei Kendo lernen weil ich hier noch ungefaehr 2 Monate bleibe.
Konntest Du mir bitte Kontakte oder Adressen fur einige Gute Dojos in Taipei geben? Ich habe mit Google's hilfe einige Dojos gefunden, die ziemlich nah zu unseren Wohnung sind, und zwar vor allem wurde ich gerne die Shudokan Kendo Dojo besuchen.
Ich wurde auch gern Dich begegnen, schreib mir bitte also einen e-mail oder ruf mich an (0955544
062-Nummer meines bruders:)).

Danke, Adam aus Katsubo Prag:)

Unknown said...

Hallo Adam

kannst du mir dein email Addresse geben? Danke! Ich freue mich schon auf unsere Treffen

darknails[a]gmail.com

adamurban said...
This comment has been removed by the author.