About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Off again - to Quebec!



I have been to every training so far after coming back to Dresden. On Tuesday night the nastiness of my fellow Dresden kendo mates far exceeded my expectation :). They gave me another farewell training which involved again with me fighting five people. I won against Lilli, Martin and Jens, but lost to Tino and Georg. To me, it was sort of a trial to see if the kendo I had learned is actually applicable. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the result, not because of winning the matches but being able to maintain my posture and apply pressure forwards instead of hopping forwards and back all the time.

Two main things to improve:
  • My hip is still not following me during strikes. Really need to work on that.
  • React more quickly to seize the moment to apply oji-wazas.

My next stop:
21st Nov 07 - 6th Dec 07,
Quebec City, Canada


Here is a clip showing all the matches from Tuesday night (many thanks to Thomas, who took the video!):

No comments: