About this blog..

This is a blog that I started in April 2006, just after I first put on my bogu (kendo armour). It collects the advices given by more experienced kendo practitioners as well as those from my own experiences. Both technical and the mental aspects of kendo are written in the blog. I hope someone will find them useful or interesting at least!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Got cramps

Yesterday's training was intense. We practised hiki-wazas. In the previous two weeks I only trained once, so my body was slowly waking up.

Six people with armours turned up. There were also three people without, two of whom were complete beginners. They couldn't even make kiai, and giggled when Stephan and I asked them to before striking. Rather annoying to be honest.

We had about ten minutes of jigeiko. Two minutes against each person. I only made points with men-strikes. My body and mind weren't strong enough to do more, or use other techniques. At the end, we did some sit-ups and the reverse (raising the upper body while lying face-down).

My friends Alex and Britt came to watch the training. I was rather surprised that they stayed the whole time. Of course they were shocked by the amount of noise we made, which for me is always amusing ha ha.

Later when we were chasing for the tram I got slight cramps on both of my calves. I really have to take care of my body more!

Some thoughts:
  • think of ichigo-ichie (one life, one meeting) 一期一會. Although tired, still have to try my best and pump that extra energy in me.
  • I didn't have tenouchi while doing hiki-waza. Have to improve.
  • make openings.
  • bring the shinai forwards without raising the tip too much while striking men.



Georg and Tatsuro (waseda student)


After a kote-strike (Tatsuro).



A little souvnier.


Bakka photo

No comments: